Cradle- That’s life

On 28th march 1990, I was born,
So little was I, wrapped in a pink blanket,
I was brought to my mother all clean,
And was put in a cradle,
A little wooden rocking cradle,
For a little sweet baby me!

My daddy came in to see his child,
Admiring my little hands, so mild,
He was lost in a new fathers’ world;
Looking at me seeing him from the cradle,
Yawning with my small mouth open,
My dad felt, to him I had spoken!

I grew up playing in my cradle, time passed,
With dolls, teddies and ribbons,
I slept there in my baby bed;
Protected in a pink mosquito net,
And cried out for my mommy,
As I got up… “Maini”, that’s what I said.


Now that I am a grown up adult,
A cradle is no longer my meaning of security,
As it was then, when I was an infant,
Now, the world seems like a cradle to me,
With the ups and downs, oscillating,
Alternating, and swinging me.


Looking at my life as a cradle,
I wish to play with the obstacles,
Those come my way… just to make,
This world a better, a lovelier place,
For everyone in it to live in,
And be cheerful and smiling like a baby,

THROUGH OUT IN MY “CRADLE”!!

-- Mridula.N.Murthy



Comments

  1. Your poem is a cute as a baby in a cradle

    ReplyDelete
  2. World as a cradle in other words Security, what a beautiful secure thought this is, so lovely and deep assuring, Mridula :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Miss you thatha

When I see life

They Are Too Young To Go